Dear guests, this tour has been designed to enjoy a unique experience, the visiting of a still alive Vulcano and one of the most visited world’s museum.
You will be met by an English speaking driver, born and residing in Naples and transferred to visit the Vulcano Vesuvius. The Volcanic complex of the Vesuvius, an example of compound volcano, started its activity about 300,000 years ago! The first to be studied in the world and still the most dangerous of Europe due the settlements at its bottom. It is very famous because in the roman time, the year of 79 A.D. its devasting eruption destroyed the city of Pompeii, a pretty rich noble roman village. Before that, the Vesuvius appeared to the romans as a quiet mountain covered with agriculture, vineyeard. Some ancient frescoes show it as a classical mountain with vegetation whore real nature was unknown to the romans.
The eruption of 79 A.D. is the principal eruptive activity that took place in historical era. The cities of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Stabia were destroyed and partly preserved thanks to the layer of pumice that expanded over. It is very moving climbing the Vesuvius, a pleasant experience since there is the chance to see a vast territory that encloses three provinces of Naples, Caserta and Salerno. The sight of Pompeii from up there conveyes an extraordinary feeling, taking your mind back to the Past!
The tour will continue after some lunch with the visiting of Pompeii and Herculaneum, two exciting archaeological site of great interest and beauty. Then, you will be returned back to the port.
We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and appropriate clothes for the visiting of museums, monumets and churchs. Monuments and museums entry fees are not included, lunch as well.
All rates are expressed in euros at the net of 10% for VAt.
- Please note that we may change the order of itinerary at our discretion
- We do recommend a private licensed tour guide for Pompeii ( 2 hours tour length) . No worries about tickets you can buy on the spot.
- For children and students up to age of 18 have free entrance, an ID card is necessary.
- Mount Vesuvius admission fee, euros 10 for adult, euros 8 or child
- Upon request at an additional fee we can arrange a private guide for you during the day or part of the day.