Dear Guests, this shore excursion one day tour has been programmed for those who wish to visit the most important spotlights of Pisa and Florence in comfort and style, in total relax with an English speaking driver, professionally skilled, who will not enter the sites but explains what they are and stops at the places that require a visit.
You will be picked up at the gangaway of your cruise ship at 7:45am by a driver from our company, who will hold a sign bearing your name on it.
Then you will make your way to Florence.
You can download the pdf so that you can read historical information of the cities and the monments as well.
The city of Florence is well known for being the cradle of the renaissance and listed by Forbes as one of the ten most beautiful metropolies in the world.
The city is stupefying combination of art, culture and Italian charm earning a truly position! There are too many things to see, but we have selected the must –see for you such as:
-Michelangelo Square, to immortalized a picture memory to last a lifetime
-The church of Santa Croce, regarded as the Pantheon of artists for housing tombs of worthy man the like of Michelangelo, Galileo, the Italian poet Ugo foscolo.
-The Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore, a stunning Cathedral that dominates the florentine skyline with its beautiful dome, built by Brunelleschi and which inspired Michelangelo for Saint Peter’s dome.
-You may also decide to visit the Accedemia museums ( buy your tickets using the link you find down on the information) to visit the David of Michelangelo and many other masterpieces ( visiting the museum implies minor available time for visiting the other sites).
- there’s the renowned Ponte Vecchio to be visited with its workshop of artisan jewelers ( some shopping is allowed )
-Then, big dilemma will be to choose a place for lunch , since the city is home to many Michelin-starred restaurants serving either, local and international cousine.
-Then you will make your way to Pisa through a scenic route in the Tuscan countryside. Here you will spend a portion of your afternoon at the leaning tower and the miracles square before returning to the port of Livorno.
We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and appropriate clothes for the visiting of churches, museums and monuments.
All rates are expressed in euros at the net of 10% for VAt.
- Book your Accademia or Uffizi Museum tickets tel. 011 39 055 294883 ( we prefer 11am considering that the visiting of Accademia Musem is approx. 40 minutes long, and the Uffizi is 1,5 hour long. The clients forming a party must be provided with the same tickets timetable.
- Accademia and Uffizi museums are closed on Monday but, due to short time we suggest visiting the Accademia only.
- Click here to buy tower of Pisa tickets.
- It is recommended to visit only the Accademia on this excursion
- Please note that the Accademia is closed on Mondays!
- Upon request at an additional fee we can arrange a private guide for you during the day or part of the day.